If a student forgot their password, you can help them immediately from your Admin area. There are two options for resetting a password. You can either send them an email with a link to reset the password OR you can assign them a temporary password.
If students have school email addresses and your school has strict privacy firewalls in place, the students won't be able to receive the password reset message, so the temporary password is the best option. If you choose this option, copy the temporary password and send it to your student.
- Under the Classes tab, click on the class name the student is in.
- Select "Class Settings" then click "Reset Passwords."
- Locate and select the student's name from the list.
- Click "Submit" under one of the options: "Send password reset email" OR "Create a temporary password."
- Notify the student to either check their email for the password reset message; OR
Copy the temporary password and give it to the student. Once logged in, the student will be prompted to set a new password. Passwords must contain at least 8 characters.
NOTE: Sometimes students try to log in by clicking the class link they used to register for your class. That will not work. Please be sure that students log in at rouxbe.com/login
Alternatively, if students are able to receive emails from Rouxbe, students can reset their own passwords by going to: http://rouxbe.com/login and clicking "forgot password. " They will then receive an email at the address registered for them on Rouxbe. This email contains a link that they can use to choose their password.